easy one (I hope) - Link an object?

liunx

Howdy dooty?<br />
So I need to link a small flash movie, but only from the html side. I can't use a link inside the movie because I have some complex attributes to attach to the URL.<br />
<br />
I have a lil movie, and when the user clicks it (anywhere) I need it to go to a url that I create at runtime. SO all I need to know is how to attach a link to the object - I tried just using an <a> tag around the object to no avail. I also tried the 'usemap' property which also was a no go.<br />
<br />
I hope some one has tackled this on before - any help is much appreciated!!!<br />
<br />
Spanx a million<br />
<br />
--bp<!--content-->I do not know if I understand your question, but if you have to pass parameters in the URL then you have to use a server side script (php, asp, perl, etc). Regular html pages have no ability to read extra data passed in a URL.<!--content-->don't they usually do that in the flash file when it is created? you can't add the <a> tag around it as it is a windowed element and the <a> tag is beneath it.<!--content-->I've also tried this before, with no success. You could try some tomfoolery like placing a transparent flash movie above the one you cant (for some reason) link.<!--content-->

Back