Dynamically creating rows in Excel sheet with Apache POI

Nutch/CVS [Bot]

I'm writing a program to read a large xml file and create an excel file from it. The attributes of each node will be the column headers in excel file. I created a Dom object and got the nodelist. I need to iterate through it and for each node, i need to add a row in excel sheet with the node's attributes values as column values. So, when iterating, i need to create rows dynamically. How can i do it? I dont see a functionality to add created rows in apache POI, so far what i have seen is to define new rows everytime. I'm unable to do it since it has more than 5000 entries. Basically what i want to do is:\[code\] Node node = null; HSSFRow datarow = null; for (int i = 0; i < nodeList.getLength(); i++) { node = nodeList.item(i); datarow = spreadSheet.createRow(i); //set values for data row here, and add it. //so in the loop, next time the same variable will be assigned to spreadSheet.createRow(1) etc. } \[/code\]I understand that the createRow is invoked from spreadSheet, which will add the row to it. But in the loop, the same variable will be assigned to other rows too, so i think finally i will get only 1 row. Please advice me on this.

Back