Dynamic user submitted comment blows table out.

liunx

I don't know if this problem can be solved with html. Basically I have a website that receives content from the user that is put inside a table. It works great as long as the user doesn't submit too much information! But if the user submits content to the site it won't automatically break to the next line. It just blows the table width out. Is it possible to solve this with html or do I need to ask some of the php guys? :confused:<!--content-->This is kind of embarassing but there is nothing wrong with my site. I got in such a hurry that when I filled out the form fields I did this...<br />
<br />
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh<br />
<br />
Since there are no spaces the table thought it was one long word and blew out. But this brings to light another potential security problem. What if someone did this maliciously in my form? My website would be screwed up until I went in and deleted it. But then again I guess someone could post a photo to my site of their naked 500lb exwife. :P<!--content-->But then again I guess someone could post a photo to my site of their naked 500lb exwife.<br />
ewwwwwww :P<br />
<br />
that just shows that you should check everything before it gets posted. also you sho7uld put a max limit of characters in your form boxes to that doesn't happen<!--content-->Thanks Scoutt. I was planning on putting a max length on the form inputs but haven't got to it.<br />
:D<!--content-->

Back