"Dynamic Drawing" in ASP.net??

liunx

hi. it's my first time to develop using ASP.net (actually to develop using Microsoft's programming languages), so i'm pretty unfamiliar with everything..

im supposed to be developing a graphical "map" of sorts, but the pathways of the said map is determined by retrieving the database. This map is supposed to be displayed in a web page.

details of the map include "characters" and "actions".. here is a text format of the map...

Activity 1: Activity 2:
------------------------- --------------------------
|Player A - retrieve heart| |Player A - get key |
|Player B - heal Player A | -------> |Player B - protect castle| ----> .....
------------------------- -------------------------

i already have icons for the characters, and the actions are to be placed in boxes... but how am i to code this in such a way that the program determines the spacing, the length of the arrows, etc?

though i have completely no idea about asp.net, i have an idea on the problems that im to encounter:
1) where do i "put" the whole drawing (in a "pane" of sorts)? i can only allow a vertical scroll bar for such an area, which leads to question number 2...
2) how the heck do i start this?? :confused:

all kinds of help would be greatly appreciated, but i'd prefer to be treated as a newbie, syntax-wise. i hope you get me. thanks :)

Back