Dumb question: Whats the best way to split the page vertically?

liunx

If I want to place some content on the right side of the page and some on the left, is there an easy way to do this? Should I just make a table with alot of cellspacing?<!--content--><div style="float: left;">left</div><br />
<div style="float: right;">right</div><!--content-->Originally posted by pyro <br />
<div style="float: left;">left</div><br />
<div style="float: right;">right</div> <br />
<br />
Well that works as long as the text doesn't need to wrap. I figured out how to make a table and just did it that way.<br />
<br />
editorial: It would be a lot fricking easier if there weren't 10 different words I can use to define the exact same thing.<!--content--><div style="float: left; width: 50%;"><br />
<p>The following text consists of a mock Latin which has been based upon the <br />
average frequency of characters and word lengths of the English language in <br />
order to reproduce a reasonably accurate overall visual impression. Lorem <br />
ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipscing elit, sed diam nonnumy eiusmod <br />
tempor incidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquam erat volupat.</p><br />
<p>Et harumd dereud facilis est er expedit distinct. Nam liber a tempor *** <br />
soluta nobis eligend optio comque nihil quod a impedit anim id quod maxim <br />
placeat facer possim omnis es voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellend. <br />
Temporem autem quinsud et aur office debit aut tum rerum necesit atib saepe <br />
eveniet ut er repudiand sint et molestia non este recusand.</p><br />
</div><br />
<div style="float: right; width: 49%;"><br />
<p>The following text consists of a mock Latin which has been based upon the <br />
average frequency of characters and word lengths of the English language in <br />
order to reproduce a reasonably accurate overall visual impression. Lorem <br />
ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipscing elit, sed diam nonnumy eiusmod <br />
tempor incidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquam erat volupat.</p><br />
<p>Et harumd dereud facilis est er expedit distinct. Nam liber a tempor *** <br />
soluta nobis eligend optio comque nihil quod a impedit anim id quod maxim <br />
placeat facer possim omnis es voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellend. <br />
Temporem autem quinsud et aur office debit aut tum rerum necesit atib saepe <br />
eveniet ut er repudiand sint et molestia non este recusand.</p><br />
</div><!--content-->editorial: It would be a lot fricking easier if there weren't 10 different words I can use to define the exact same thing.<br />
<br />
When you get more experience you'll realize they don't define the exact same thing.<br />
<br />
--waxonwaxoff ;-)<!--content-->Originally posted by ray326 <br />
When you get more experience you'll realize they don't define the exact same thing. lol The man speaks truth... ;)<!--content-->Originally posted by pyro <br />
lol The man speaks truth... ;) <br />
<br />
Thanks pyro<br />
<br />
BTW, I wasn't speaking so much about doing the same things in regard to something like splitting a page. More like a million different allowable syntaxes for defining a damn font size. And even then I'm sure I'm still wrong.<!--content-->

Back