Dual vertical scroll bars used in an IFrame

liunx

I am looking for a solution to a multi column report that forces a horizontal scroll. I have implemented an IFrame for the data rows and used the parent window for the data headings. This works great to keep the data headings in a fixed position. My issue is that to efficiently scroll the data in the IFrame, you need to first horizontally scroll to the right and then use the vertical scroll bar.<br />
<br />
Is their some setting I can use to either place both a left and a right scroll bar or just a left scroll bar (without using the direction: rtl on the document body). An alternative would be to build a control to scroll the IFrame from the parent window, but this would need to be smooth and non-glitchy.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance for any helpful input.<!--content-->wouldnt it be easier, to either make the <iframe> wider or make the src narrower?, if using css, you could do the second alot easier<!--content-->Originally posted by 96turnerri <br />
wouldnt it be easier, to either make the <iframe> wider or make the src narrower?, if using css, you could do the second alot easier <br />
<br />
The amount of data displayed in a reasonable fashion spans aprox 1700 pixels wide (no way around this amount of columns, that's just the report I am dealing with). I want to add scroll bars on both the left and right hand sides of the IFrame for convenience for the users.<!--content-->

Back