dropdown width incorrect in ie [closed]

vernonjackal

\[quote\] Possible Duplicate:
Dropdownlist width in IE \[/quote\]hellocan someone tell me why there is a difference in the way dropdowns are displayed in ie and ff. i have set a width in css for the select class and in firefox the box expands to accommodate the full address but ie does not. i have included 2 grabs to show you. is there a solution so ie displays full address like ff? many thanksFor some reason i cannot include images. any suggestion as how i can show them to you.code:\[code\] .webform select { font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; width:175px; }$address_result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM company_com ORDER BY address1_com ASC");$dropdown ="<select name='address'>"; $dropdown.= "<option SELECTED value=http://stackoverflow.com/"\">Select an Address</option>";while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($address_result)) { $address = $row["address1_com"].$row["address2_com"].$row["address3_com"]; $dropdown .= "<option value='".$row['address']."'>$address</option>";}$dropdown .= "</select>";\[/code\]

Back