Drop Boxes

windows

I been working on this page for a couple weeks now. And My Problem is that the Two Drop boxes does not work. Meaning, You click on one of them to take you to one of the page links and nothing happens, Same Applies to the Second Drop box. <br />
Thank You<br />
KindDreamer<br />
<br />
This Is the Page, could not post the code it was to long<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geocities.com/sdaze2003/testbg/normal.htm">http://www.geocities.com/sdaze2003/testbg/normal.htm</a><!-- m --><!--content-->you problem is that you are using the "value" property, which doesnt work.<br />
I have never used dropdowns, but im pretty sure you could do this:<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"myeverything.html"><option> My Everything</option> </a><!--content-->Value has nothing do to with it, marrow. value is what's written on the button. The code you posted is wrong too.<br />
<br />
I'm taking a look at your code now, KindDreamer... I'll let you know what I find. :)<!--content-->Ok, I don't know why the button didn't work, so here's one that works:<br />
<br />
<input type="button" onClick="location=document.gotolocation1.dropdown1.options[document.gotolocation1.dropdown1.selectedIndex].value;" value="Take Me There!"><br />
<br />
Give that a try. :)<!--content-->First off Thank you, <br />
Arctic Dragon, I added the new code and It does work on one the drop boxes, takes you to page and everything. But I added it to the second drop box and it does not take you to link. I even change the 1's to a 2 , but did not work as well. Any more idea's.....<!--content-->it is becasue you didn't close the first form. what you did was start another form in side the first form.<br />
<br />
jus tclose the first one and then it should work.<br />
<br />
Morrow, tha tis the funniest thing you have ever psoted :P that is way invalid code you posted. :P ;) LOL<!--content-->Ah, good catch scoutt. I didn't notice that the missing </form> tag. :o<!--content-->hey, as i said i have never used them before. I got the idea because you can put <a> around anything and it'll work<!--content-->Originally posted by morrowasted <br />
I got the idea because you can put <a> around anything and it'll work <br />
<br />
Obviously not anything. :P<!--content-->yeah, i never got to finish my post when my mom yelled"get off the computer" and i just pressed enter and left so... ya i was gonna say that too<!--content-->Hey, there, Artic that code worked great. the page is up and running and Both drop boxes are working well. Wanted to Thank you and everyone else that replied to this and helped in in solvein it.. Again Thank you for your time and help<br />
<br />
KindDreamer:)<!--content-->even if it is WAY off, eh?<!--content-->Glad I can help. :D Forms can be a real pain in the you-know-what.<br />
<br />
What was way off, marrow?<!--content-->Originally posted by morrowasted <br />
even if it is WAY off, eh? <br />
yeah I would like to know as well, what was way off?<!--content-->

Back