dotted table (cell) border

windows

i need the table border and cell border to be not a line but small dots which i have in my image (not the "dotted" one, i want slighlty more elegant dotted line which is why i have the image file for it).<br />
Could you help me please?<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->in your table you need to add this<br />
<br />
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" style="border-collapse: collapse; border: dotted; border-color: #EDF5FF"><!--content-->Hi there scoutt,<br />
<br />
You beat me to the post here (again) :cool: <br />
your pinkies must be a blur over the keyboard :D<br />
Just one small point that may be of interest is that<br />
you have not defined border-width...<br />
in which case it will default to...<br />
medium [4px] in (NN 6 IE) or 0 in (NN 4) :o<br />
<br />
c:eek::eek:thead<!--content-->good point coot, I had border in there not sure what happened to it.<!--content-->i need something like on this site <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://support.novell.com/">http://support.novell.com/</a><!-- m --><!--content-->they used an image<!--content-->I have an image already.<br />
The question is how I can use it.<!--content-->Here is what I have:<br />
but I need dots around every cell<br />
<br />
<style><br />
.dottedtable { background-image: url(images/dotlinebg_horiz.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: bottom right;}<br />
</style><br />
<table class="dottedtable" ID="Table1" align="center"><br />
<tr><br />
<td>test</td><br />
<td>test</td><br />
<td>test</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><!--content-->put the image in every cell!!!<br />
<br />
OR do what I said at the beginning<br />
<br />
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="50%" border="0" ><br />
<tr><br />
<td style="border: dotted;">stuff</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
you can use it the whole table if you want. :rolleyes:<!--content--><style><br />
.dottedtable { background-image: url(images/dotlinebg_horiz.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: bottom right ;}<br />
</style><br />
this style draws only dots on the right side and at the bottom, I need them on EVERY SIDE of each cell.<br />
<br />
Sorry for bothering you.<!--content-->Originally posted by fomkatya <br />
<style><br />
.dottedtable { background-image: url(images/dotlinebg_horiz.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: bottom right ;}<br />
</style><br />
this style draws only dots on the right side and at the bottom, I need them on EVERY SIDE of each cell.<br />
<br />
Sorry for bothering you. <br />
what did you expect? you told it to<br />
background-position: bottom right<br />
<br />
:rolleyes: <br />
<br />
come on. I just told you 2 times already. css will work. if you want a image it has to be a dotted line on all four corners. not just on one side.<br />
<br />
<br />
do what I just showed you and it will work. did you even try it?<!--content-->I'm sorry but could you show me the way to do it using image. PLZ!<!--content-->all you had to do was ask ;)<br />
<br />
your image has to have dots all around it<br />
<br />
..........<br />
. .<br />
. .<br />
..........<br />
<br />
or however big your table cell is. the image cannot repeat<br />
<br />
<style><br />
.dottedtable { background-image: url(images/dotlinebg_horiz.gif);}<br />
</style><br />
<br />
the cell has to be the size of the image and cannot stretch<!--content-->I just wanted to say that this was a cool thread. <br />
I didn't know one could put that border stuff on a table.<br />
Thanks, y'all. :rocker:<!--content-->I know everyone is probably happy with the results they have now got from this thread... but I would like to expand on the css of the thread.<br />
<br />
Every border has four possible sides... pointing the obvious out... but what if you want to affect just 2 of them. Well you can use 3 variants of the style mark-up.<br />
<br />
1: to get all borders dotted.<br />
Style="border: dotted 1px;"<br />
<br />
2: to affect the top/bottom and the left/right seperatley.<br />
style="border: dotted solid 1px;"<br />
<br />
3: to control each side starting from the top one going clockwise, top, right, bottom and then left.<br />
style="border: dotted solid none dotted 1 px;"<br />
<br />
There are about 8 ccs 1.0 styles for the borders, only four come to mind at the moment: dotted, dashed, solid and none. The others are beveled but can't recall the names for them.<br />
<br />
So if you want a bucket shaped border it would look something this.<br />
style="border: none dotted dotted dotted 1px;"<br />
<br />
You can use this in individual table cells, the TD's. Have a play with them, they have some visual issues when doing individual cells in a table but it is worth having a play and coming up with a style that you like.<!--content-->actually you have all these<br />
<br />
none <br />
hidden <br />
dotted <br />
dashed <br />
solid <br />
double <br />
groove <br />
ridge <br />
inset <br />
outset<!--content-->

Back