Don't shoot me!

liunx

OK I see that alot of people don't like frames here, so I hate to even ask, but I do have a frames question. :)<br />
<br />
I have a page I am building that is seperated into 3 frames - small upper left, small upper right and large bottom. In the upper left-hand part of the page, there is a clickable image map. As I click on the image map, the page is targeted to go into the bottom part of the page, as it is supposed to do.<br />
<br />
However, this is my problem. For instance, I have a page called simply 'me'. When I click on 'me' on my image map, it opens 'me' in the target window. When I scroll down onto my 'me' page, I have links to go to other pages. When I click on those links, they are opening in the same target window. I want them to open in a seperate window.<br />
<br />
Is there something I can add to the code to allow it to open seperately? I want the image map links to open in the target page, but not the links from the target page.<br />
<br />
I hope I am making sense. <br />
<br />
Thanks in advance. :)<!--content-->target="_top"<!--content-->Thanks! That worked. Is there a way to make the link open up into like a pop up, new browser window? Or does it have to be a window that opens on top of my window?<br />
<br />
Thanks again.<!--content-->target="_blank"<br />
<br />
but that will get blocked by pop-up blockers, if they're worth the code they're written with.<!--content-->OK I will put that in my code.<br />
<br />
You are right - I had forgotten about the pop-up blockers blocking windows - every time it did, I'd hear a little noise, letting me know that it had blocked a pop-up. I just had to allow the page or disable it, if I remember correctly.<br />
<br />
Thanks for the help!<!--content-->A lot of popup blockers won't block windows triggered by the user, but there are still those that will.<!--content-->

Back