Done, but with errors on page

liunx

Why does my Web page show the message on the bottom of the screen "Done, but with errors on page"(IE)? I then double click on the warning message and it tells me the line number is 170, but I don't believe I have that many lines. It also says permission denied? I'm sure you can tell that I'm a beginner in HTML.<!--content-->Unless Ms. Warwick or one of her psychic friends shows up to answer this, I recommend you give us a link so we mere mortals can see exactly what's happening.<!--content-->If you have Windows XP then view the source in notepad, press Ctrl + g then type 170 and press go. You'll be taken straight to line 170.<br />
If you don't have Windows XP then I suggest that you Download <!--more--> Mozilla Firefox and use it to browse the web with (of course I'd recommend it over IE any day). If you view the source in Firefox all the lines have numbers next to them so you can just scroll to where you want to go.<br />
<br />
Sometimes it can mean an error in an included file, if you don't have a line 170 in your source or you have no JavaScript there then the error is probably in an included file.<br />
<br />
If you can't find/fix the problem then yeah we're gonna need a link to it. You realise that if you use a free host such a Geocities then they include scripts into your pages that WILL and DO cause errors.<!--content-->Essentially it a JavaScript error because you have Script Debugging Enabled.<!--content-->

Back