Does my button submit form?

liunx

If I have used a "custom" submit button, I would put this:<br />
<br />
<input type = "image" src = <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/">http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/</a><!-- m -->"button.gif"><br />
<br />
but now, does this button submit the form? If it does not, how do I get it to?<!--content-->www.vladdy.net/demos/submitimage.html<!--content-->OK, so basically you used a style to change the look of the button. and it finds the correct style to use because you said "id = mySubmit" which is the style you created in your style sheet.<br />
<br />
Hmmm.<br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->Originally posted by Masha Stekker <br />
OK, so basically you used a style to change the look of the button. and it finds the correct style to use because you said "id = mySubmit" which is the style you created in your style sheet.<br />
<br />
Hmmm.<br />
<br />
Thanks! yes. You can fully style buttons with css, like vladdy did. Rather then images, I generally give my buttons borders and colors to make them look nice. The problem with vladdy's example, is the mouseover will not work for ie. You could always use a javascript onmouseover event handler to swap out the image though.<br />
edit: never mind, it does work in ie, vladdy, you a sneaky, you used an htc to make this work for ie :p. What I was talking about before was that ie will not support hover on anything but a link<!--content-->Originally posted by PeOfEo <br />
yes. You can fully style buttons with css, like vladdy did. Rather then images, I generally give my buttons borders and colors to make them look nice. The problem with vladdy's example, is the mouseover will not work for ie. You could always use a javascript onmouseover event handler to swap out the image though. <br />
It sure does (in ~90% of cases) :p<!--content-->I edited my post!!1 You cheated with that htc lol... but its about the same thing as what I said, use a javascript.<!--content-->Nope. <br />
htc is JScript not javascript.<br />
When you use htc it is only being used by the subpar HTML renderer and you do not have to pollute your code with event handling hooks.<!--content-->jscript... aka ie's special javascript :p. Its still cheating if you ask me :mad:<!--content-->

Back