Does anyone have trouble viewing their html documents in Netscape?

liunx

Has anyone ever had any trouble viewing their html documents in Netscape 6.2? Just recently when I try to view my html files in Netscape it would load it but run extremely slow like it was going to crash. I also have Internet Explorer on my computer which runs fine. Please note that the Netscape browser is not set as my default browser. Any help would be appreciated.}:-)<!--content-->no I haven't. it may be a problem with the file itself.<!--content-->Thanks Scoutt. I don't think it's the file because it works fine everywhere else(in Internet Explorer, on my web server). But then again some nit picky thing with the file could be causing it. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling Netscape to see if that fixes it. Thanks again. :D<!--content-->having it work in IE is nothing. NS is more picky on the code being correct and IE is not (it runs anything, bad or good.)<br />
<br />
but yeah try to install it again<!--content-->Hmm, IE will sort-of process any old broken code. Run your site through the checker at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://validator.w3.org/">http://validator.w3.org/</a><!-- m --> to see what problems are really there.<br />
<br />
Post again if you need more help fixing those problems.<!--content-->Hey Giz. I've already checked both the CSS and HTML files with the validators. They came out with zero errors. I uninstalled 6.2 and installed the new 7.0 version. The 7.0 version works fine with my files but I actually came across a new problem. You may have seen it in the "Cross Platform" section of this forum. I couldn't get the images to load for my web pages in the new browser. To make a long story short I found out that Netscape 7.0 doesn't support layers(z-index: -1). If you or anyone else knows how to make this work I would certainly like to hear it. Otherwise I've got to do some modifying to the layout in all my pages to make it compatable. Thanks.<!--content-->why use layers? that is old school NS4 code. NS works well with divs now.<!--content-->I guess you're right. I'm new to CSS so this stuff is definitely a learning experience for me. The reason I used layers in my site was so I could put a division on top of an image. I'm not sure if it can be done without layers but I am definitely going to write layers out of my book. Lesson#13844784788: Even though my CSS validates don't use layers. :D :rocker: Thanks for the heads up Scoutt.<!--content-->

Back