Does anybody offhand

liunx

know how to use styles to change the anchor text colours in line? I would like to be able to change the colours of the link, hover, and visited links on both a dark background in one table and a light background in another. I would think that it could be done 'in line', but I haven't found the right syntax for this situation.<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->I figured it out. I don't know whether to feel stupid, smart or relieved!<!--content-->when I do:<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
<br />
<br />
a:link { color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none; }<br />
a:visited { color:#ffffff; text-decoration: none; }<br />
a:hover { color: #d40441; text-decoration:none; }<br />
.2 a:link { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; }<br />
a:visited { color:#000000; text-decoration: none; }<br />
a:hover { color: #d40441; text-decoration:none; }<br />
--><br />
</style><br />
<br />
and refer to the ".2" style from the area (a table tag) the .2 style influences the whole page. I might just leave it. Black with a white drop left shadow on dark grey looks pretty cool, but how can I get what I really intended to do?<!--content-->Bet you guys think that we could all answer our own questions if we only thought about it for a while!<br />
<br />
I had to put ".2" in front of the second and third anchors for that particular class. DUH!<br />
<br />
Don't ask me to pat myself on the back, it only makes me burp.<!--content-->:D glad we can help....<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
:D glad we can help.... :D yeah! congrats on figuring it out yourself!<!--content-->

Back