Doctrine 1.2 must have at least one field selected Error.but one is actually selected

brucao

i've been banging my head against the wall over the past hour about this Exception :\[quote\] The root class of the query (alias b) must have at least one field selected\[/quote\]on a small school hotel booking project here is the part of the schema concerned\[code\]RoomType: actAs: [Timestampable] tableName: room_type columns: name: string(100) number_of_bed: integerRoom: tableName: room columns: id: type: string(36) primary: true room_number: integer price: decimal relations: RoomType: class: RoomType local: type_id foreign: idRoomBooking: tableName: roombooking actAs: [Timestampable] columns: id: type: string(36) primary: true room_id: string(36) checkin_date: date checkout_date: date is_cancelled: boolean relations: Room: class: Room local: room_id foreign: id\[/code\]i tripped out certain field for sake of simplicity and having short post.So basically i wanted to query for the total, the type of rooms booked each day of a certain month.i wanted things simple so for now i assumed booking are just for 24 hours so for now i'm just looking at checkin date.here is the query\[code\]$q = Doctrine_Query::create ()->select("SUM(COUNT(b.id)), b.checkin_date as DATE, t.name")->from ("Hotel_Model_RoomBooking b" )->leftJoin("b.Room r")->leftJoin("r.RoomType t")->where ("b.checkin_date > ? AND b.checkin_date < ?", array ($first, $last))->groupBy("b.checkin_date, t.name");$result = $q->fetchArray (); \[/code\]\[code\]b.checkin_date\[/code\] is one field of the root class so i have this and \[code\]b.id\[/code\] selected, and up to now i can't figure it out.What do you think? what am i doing wrong here? thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your help

Back