Do I use a helper, library or place my datepicker code in a model in codeigniter?

stagnit

Heres my code:\[code\]//Setup days $data['days']['FALSE'] = 'Day'; //Setup months $data['months'] = array('FALSE' => 'Month', '1' => 'Jan', '2' => 'Feb', '3' => 'Mar', '4' => 'Apr', '5' => 'May', '6' => 'Jun', '7' => 'Jul', '8' => 'Aug', '9' => 'Sep', '10' => 'Oct', '11' => 'Nov', '12' => 'Dec' ); for($i=1;$i<=31;$i++){ $data['days'][$i] = $i; } //Setup years $start_year = date("Y",mktime(0,0,0,date("m"),date("d"),date("Y")-100)); //Adjust 100 to however many year back you want $data['years']['FALSE'] = 'Year'; for ($i=$start_year;$i<=date("Y");++$i) { $data['years'][$i] = $i;}\[/code\]and here's my if statement:\[code\]if($this->form_validation->run()){ $month = $this->input->post('months'); $day = $this->input->post('days'); $year = $this->input->post('years'); $birthday = date("m-d-Y H:i:s",mktime(0,0,0,$month,$day,$year)); } \[/code\]here's my corresponding code in my form in the view:\[code\] <p> <label for="birthday">Birthday: </label> <?php echo form_dropdown('days',$days). " " . form_dropdown('months',$months). " " . form_dropdown('years',$years); ?> </p>\[/code\]When I put the datepicker code directly in my controller the drop down on my form shows correctly. I wanted to be neat with my coding so decided to create a model and attempted to make calls from my controller but I get the undefined variable error a few times when my view tries to display the form.I've done some research and wondering whether it's better to make my datepicker a helper "datepicker_helper.php" put the code in there and load it in my controller.Is this the best way to do this?If so can somebody give me a example of how I can do this? If there is another way can somebody show me please?Thanks in advance.. I'm here to learn..

Back