Do i need to bleach?

Asianschoolgirl

I have really dark dark brown hair, like it gets mistaken for black.<br />
+ I'm going to dye the bangs this color<br />
http//www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302028578&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442169209&bmUID=1219541719212<br />
<br />
Do i have to bleach my bangs first?<br />

baby7k

If you want it that color then yes. I advise you to use manic panic if you're going to dye it that color. It's one of the best.

proudfreak

Yes, otherwise it will only give your hair a slight red tinge. The lighter you bleach your bangs, the more red they will be. )

Malia

I have dark hair as well. I used a red dye on my hair and it looked kinda cool. Bleaching will kill your hair, yes, but it's not what you use, it's how you heal it afterwards. If you wand a REALLY red color, bleach it. If you don't want a red color, and just something noticeable, don't bleach it. It looks really cool in the sun if you don't bleach it. =)

xpoisonbitex

If you want the colour to come out quite bright then yes you do.
If you dye your hair without bleaching it might come out not as noticeable, you could always test it by cutting a bit of your hair from underneith and testing some dye on it to see how it turns out ]
Goodluck

airforcewife

yes i definiltey would bleach it out first. it doesn't have to be bleached out to a really white color but i would definiltey do it until its out of the orange/yellow stage.

Yeah

i'm the same as you. azn ..brown hair in the light, black regularly, etc. color fiend doesn't work as well as, say.. manic panic [which you can get from spencers] ..youre gonna need to bleach your bangs first, then the next day.. or whenever the color develops.. leave on the red dye for a few HOURS. some people leave it on for just one hour.. that wont do. for color fiend you needa leave it on for several hours if you want it to be vibrant. good luck (