Div Height

For some reason, when I'm trying to write a div that has a height of 1 (or some other small number), it shows up on the screen as having a height of 20. What I want to do is simply make a little black box using the div tag. So I was wondering how I would make this work.<br />
<br />
Thanks, Alan.<!--content-->Maybe use style="border: 1px solid black" ???<!--content-->That produces a <hr> type thing, and when I adjust the width to 1, it changes the height to 20...<!--content-->Hi Antonio...<br />
<br />
Post the code that you are using so that we can see what exactly may be causing this problem (something definitely doesn't sound right... that's for sure).<br />
<br />
I adjust my <div> height all the time... and yet I continue to remain 5'6"...<br />
k<!--content--><div style="position:relative; width:5; height:6; overflow:hidden; float:left; background-color:black;"></div> <br />
<br />
Not absolutely certain, but try changing the word relative to Absolute:<br />
<br />
<div style="position:absolute ; width:5; height:6; overflow:hidden; float:left; background-color:black;"></div> <br />
<br />
Maybe that helps...? :) <br />
Tried this in my HTML editor then IE and seems to work..?<!--content-->Hi Jerry...<br />
<br />
absolute and relative will both work...<br />
it just depends on how it is being used within the overall structure of the page.<br />
<br />
And by the way, I was originally baffled at Dave Clark's tiny little box (5x6). I was like.. "huh?".<br />
Now I get it (very creative).<br />
<br />
not as tiny as that box! ...<br />
k<!--content-->

Back