Displaying folder contents

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I am trying to make a link to a folder and upon doing so, the page would show simply a list of the folder contents.<br />
<br />
Therefore, people could Download <!--more--> anything from that folder and I could just save new things to the folder and wouldn't have to make new links every time.<br />
<br />
<br />
Does anyone know how to do this without setting up FTP?<br />
<br />
Thank you,<br />
<br />
A<!--content-->Generally, you just have to set up the folder and not put an index.html inside it. The rights have to be set up properly, though. I'm sure it depends on your host as to whether or not that works.<br />
<br />
Doog Xela<!--content-->99% of hosting companys will have that type of page set to show a "This page can not be displayed please check with blah blah blah" due to security reasons. You need to have an index.htm files showing.<br />
<br />
You can ask them but they may tell you to open a dedicated server, thats what happend to a friend of mine when he asked.<br />
<br />
Or just make a html page that looks like what your after.<!--content-->The easiest way to do it is with htaccess of just leave the directory without any index pages. If your server doesn't allow that, then you can always use PHP, Perl, ASP or some other language to write a page.<!--content-->

Back