display issue

liunx

I have this code on a page but the text that is shows does not render all the way on the page is cuts off for some reason...this is the code in the div that it is wrapped in... Can anyone help me out..i just want to make sure i can see all my data on the page atleast some scrollbars or something....:confused:

<div style="padding:4px; width:1000px;">
<div style="background-color:Grey; width:100%; height:900px;">
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server" RenderMode="Inline" UpdateMode="Conditional" >
<ContentTemplate>
<table width="100%" style="height:900" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="">
<tr>
<td class="DetailsTitle">
<asp:Image ID="imgIcon" runat="Server" />
<b><asp:Label ID="lblExportId" runat="Server" /></b><br />
<asp:Literal ID="litTransactionDate" runat="server" /><br />
<hr />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="DetailsContents">
<asp:Literal ID="litLogDetail" runat="server" />
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
</ContentTemplate>
<Triggers>
<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="UiQuickBookLogs" EventName="SelectCommand" />
</Triggers>
</asp:UpdatePanel>I don't see any text at all...Right u wouldnt see the text cause u not hooked up to the data base...but its about a page worth of data that does not show up...it looks like it is trapped behind the div...u know like the height is not big enoughh but i tried to make it as huge as possible no luck though.......what u think?I think the problem may be in the asp coding. I don't see a problem with the HTML. I'll just pop this thread over to ASP for you.

PegWell, I've never done anything with .asp but...
<div style="padding:4px; width:1000px;">
<div style="background-color:Grey; width:100%; height:900px;">
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server" RenderMode="Inline" UpdateMode="Conditional" >
<ContentTemplate>
<table width="100%" style="height:900" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="">
<tr>
<td class="DetailsTitle">
<asp:Image ID="imgIcon" runat="Server" />
<b><asp:Label ID="lblExportId" runat="Server" /></b><br />
<asp:Literal ID="litTransactionDate" runat="server" /><br />
<hr />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="DetailsContents">
<asp:Literal ID="litLogDetail" runat="server" />
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div> </ContentTemplate>
<Triggers>
<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="UiQuickBookLogs" EventName="SelectCommand" />
</Triggers>
</asp:UpdatePanel>
The red part is the only div you show us that is opened and closed. Inside that div you open <ContentTemplate> but you close it AFTER the div is closed.
Also, if the text is in that div and you want it to expand in height... why do you give it a height: 900px;? What if your text goes longer than 900px?

Back