Display Exif Information W/gallery?

liunx

Anyone using jhead to display the EXIF info with Gallery? I "installed" the <a href="http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/gallery.html" target="_blank">binary version</a> of jhead but I still don't see any info with the images. I read some where else that additional Perl Modules may need to be installed to get jhead working but for the life of me I can't find any reference to it. If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.<!--content-->
I cant find anything about PERL modules needing to be installed. There are three steps to this right?<br /><br /># Unzip to your local drive and upload the jhead file to your site. (I placed mine in the netpbm folder for easy reference) CHMOD the folder and file to 755.<br /><br /># Within the Configuration Wizard you will see where to enter the path, www/u/username/htdocs/folder/jhead << you will have to name the jhead file in this entry.<br /><br /># You will also see in the config wizard a drop down to turn on EXIF. This is what you need turned on to take advantage of the Jhead binaries.<br /><br />I am assuming you did this in that order and uploaded in Binary mode with your FTP program. Just asking to get the sometimes obvious out of the way.<!--content-->
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I cant find anything about PERL modules needing to be installed.?There are three steps to this right?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Still searching. I read it somewhere I just can't find it.<br /><br /><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--># Unzip to your local drive and upload the jhead file to your site. (I placed mine in the netpbm folder for easy reference) CHMOD the folder and file to 755.<br /><br /># Within the Configuration Wizard you will see where to enter the path, www/u/username/htdocs/folder/jhead << you will have to name the jhead file in this entry.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><br /><br />Placed mine in /home/user/bin/jhead<br /><br /><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--># You will also see in the config wizard a drop down to turn on EXIF. This is what you need turned on to take advantage of the Jhead binaries.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Immediately after setting the jhead path I see this:<br /><!--QuoteBegin-"Config"+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("Config")</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(Advanced)<br /> Cache EXIF data?Yes/No<br />The EXIF data extracted from JPEG files can be cached after it is read the first time. The tradeoff is that if you cache this data it's possible for your album data files to get quite large which may slow down viewing your albums. But, if you don't cache this data then it needs to be retrieved every time any user looks at the properties of a photo which can also be slow.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><br />I originally had it set to no because I figured it was an advanced feature and didn't need to be set to yes to get EXIF displayed. I then set it to Yes after reading your post but it still doesn't work.<br /><br />Thanks for the interest Rob.<br /><br />*EDIT*<br />Finally! After nearly putting my head through the screen I got it set. In order to show the EXIF data one needs to also set <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Display EXIF data?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> to Yes within the <b>Album</b> Properties.<!--content-->
I am happy to dee you got it working Thumbs Up<!--content-->

Back