Disadvantages (s) of shtml ???

windows

I want to use shtml after getting to understand that it can helps me in maintaining my website (change one file instead of every file like menu). But, the other question is, <br />
"Is there any disadvantage (s) using shtml?". How's it's performance? Will it be slower?<!--content-->there are no disadvantages I am aware of. SSI parsed pages take a little longer to process on the server but most servers handle the slight extra load of SSI pages no problem.<!--content-->It depends on what you are trying to do.<br />
If you are simply thing to bring together various data stored in different pages into one customary page then SSI is just great. Any browser can read SSI. Depending on how effective the server is the pages may load slower which is why it is often recommended only to use SSI on the pages which require dynamic content (e.g. pages which do not require dynamic content should use standard .html page).<br />
<br />
However, depending on what you are trying to do, other server side languages, such as perl, php, asp etc may be better suited to your needs. If you need to interact with data bases, make calculations and have user specific information available (cookies), and upload data back to the server then other languages may be preferred.<br />
<br />
However, if you are trying to find a way to create webpages which pulls from individual files (e.g. navigation table exists in one seperate file, style sheets in another, document contents in a 3rd, etc etc) then SSI is very usefull and much more easy to learn than fancy programming languages.<!--content-->

Back