disable the I-bar pointer when hovering over text in a webpage?

liunx

Okay i have a question, I am building a website and i have some artwork and at the bottom of the thumbnail, it says Traditional Artwork #1, i want to know if there is any way possible to have people see an arrow pointer when they hover hover over the text below the thumbnail.....? right now when they hover over the text i get the I-bar(a.k.a highlight tool pointer).....i was wondering if this is possible, i think i made it work back in the day but i did not save the script.......WHAT A DUMMY I AM....<br />
but anyway any help will be greatly appreciated.<br />
thanks again:rocker:<!--content-->i'm pretty sure this can be completed with a style sheet. just define the pointers with the sheet to stay a pointer for hyperlinks, but keep in mind, the pointer will exist for all links on the page (text or image)... unless you go really detailed with it and define it per image or per link.<br />
<br />
hope it helps<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:<!--content-->yeah, if all else fails i will try to create a css style sheet, is there any pages out there that have or use the disable i-bar over text.....?<br />
<br />
if anybody knows any please reply to this post<br />
thanks<!--content-->if you want to disable the image bar, then this can be done with...<br />
<meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no"><br />
<br />
if you want to create a different cursor, then try the <br />
a:hover{<br />
and one of these...<br />
cursor:wait<br />
cursor:crosshair<br />
cursor:hand<br />
cursor:help<br />
cursor:text<br />
cursor:move<br />
cursor:n-resize<br />
;}<br />
<br />
does that help?<!--content-->in your css file or in the header you add this<br />
<br />
.text {cursor: default}<br />
<br />
then in your html where you want it to be it should look like this<br />
<br />
<span class="text">This is some text</span><br />
<br />
<br />
that should get you the arrow when you hover over text.<!--content-->hey scott that css style snippet worked like a charm.....<br />
thanks a whole bunch for you and everyones help i really appreciate all the time you guys took out of your schedule to help me out.....<br />
<br />
thanks again...<!--content-->oops i meant to type scoutt<br />
Sorry:)<!--content-->:P that is ok, it is not the first time that has happened.<br />
<br />
and your welcome<!--content-->

Back