disable print button in IE

liunx

hi all,<br />
<br />
is there a way to disable the print button in IE 4+?<br />
<br />
I don't want the user to be able to print the contents of one page, and then re-enable it on another pages???<br />
<br />
Thanks <br />
tony<!--content-->I don't have a solution, only more problems;<br />
<br />
Can't they just copy and paste it in another program, and print there? Or do you hoping to just minimize the number of ppl printing your pages?<!--content-->Yea - kinda....<br />
<br />
The main purpose is to make it just a little bit harder for the peepz to print the page... I already disabled the right click, now just to get rid of, or disable the print button -<br />
<br />
thats all -<br />
<br />
thanks<br />
tony<!--content-->Though I don't know much about this stuff, I'm pretty sure thats not possible.<br />
Thats just my thought, though, and I'm not all that reliable :rolleyes: so you should wait to see what the experts have to say before denouncing the idea completely. <br />
But I still think that its not possible.;)<!--content-->you are right, that is not possible. yoou can't change ones chrome unless you opened it from your site.<!--content-->I guess thats nice to know. It probably wouldn't be that great if people could mess with your computer like that.<!--content-->Originally posted by delphi_dawg <br />
Yea - kinda....<br />
<br />
The main purpose is to make it just a little bit harder for the peepz to print the page... I already disabled the right click, now just to get rid of, or disable the print button -<br />
<br />
thats all -<br />
<br />
thanks<br />
tony <br />
also, if you did end up getting the print button disabled (just dream about it), have you ever heard of print screen?<br />
also the block right click, all they have to do is save the html page on thier C drive and then they can print it that way. in fact that is easier then just hitting the print button. waste of code if there are so many ways around it.<br />
<br />
if I came to a page and the right click block was on there, I do all I can do see what he is hiding. that just aggrivates me to no end. nothing personal dawg, just my opinion. :)<!--content-->Well, what Scoutt was talking about, chromless windows...<br />
that basically means no browser interface at all. You can remove all the buttons (Back, Forward, Stop, Refresh ... Print), all the menus (File, Edit..), any scroll bars, the title bar, the little buttons in the top left and top right corners of the title bar... <br />
<br />
But.<br />
But this will only work in high versions of IE, is considered tasteless because you take away control from the user (trapping them in your site), and I believe only on Windows... It's alot of work for a miniscule result. Then you'd have to put the buttons back in, like a little [X] graphic, with code, so they can close the window, and a back button, and __ button... Et cetera...<br />
<br />
I am curious, what is so special, that you want others to see it, but not keep a permanent record of it?<!--content-->

Back