Database on a shared network drive, only clientside?

seanriyadh

this my first Post and I really couldn't find a solution for my problem.I'm working on an internal teamsite for my office, all the files are on a network drive.Now I want to write a Newssystem, I already managed to read my xml file with jquery ajax, but found out that I can't write to the xml file without having php/server.So here's what I've done so far to show all the news in a table\[code\]$(document).ready(function() { $.ajax({ type: "GET", url: "db/news.xml", dataType: "xml", success: function(xml) { $(xml).find('news').each(function(){ var id = $(this).attr('id'); var title = $(this).find('title').text(); var author = $(this).find('author').text(); var date = $(this).find('date').text(); var content = $(this).find('content').text(); $('#tabs-1').append("<table class='news' width='1000px'><tr><td width='950px' class='newstitle'>"+title+"</td><td class='newsdate'>"+date+"</td></tr><tr><td colspan='2' class='newscontent'>"+content+"</td></tr></table>"); }); }});});\[/code\]Is there any way I can read and write to a "database" (xml, sqlite, w.e), having everything on that shared network drive? If that's not possible, what would be the easiest solution when I could use a webserver with php and mysql, only having the php file that will write to the db on the webserver?Hope you understand what I want to do.Thank you in advance

Back