dash tag

whats the tag for a dash i.e. -<!--content-->You can use an image, or a dash. :p Do you mean, make a table's border dashed? Or do you mean the ASCII code for a dash? <br />
<br />
Jona<!--content-->you can use a special character code to make a dash like so put this "–" on your page and where you put it a - will appear.<!--content-->would you look at that lol, the forum did not filter the special character code the code is "& # 8 2 1 1 ;" but no space inbetween the letters. Sorry If I did not write it like that it would read it as a - like it did above<!--content-->That's what I meant by ASCII code, PeOfEo. Also, you would use: &#8211; to make the symbol. (Use &amp;#8211; for it to display like I did in the fourm.)<br />
<br />
Jona<!--content-->well ascii generally refers to saying char(66) or something opf that description special characters is a different method of calling up the character then jjust putting in the ascii hex value for the character I thought.<!--content-->Depending on the page's CHARSET content, you can use ASCII to get any character(s) you want via ASCII codes.<br />
<br />
Jona<!--content-->Depending on the page's CHARSET content, you can use ASCII to get any character(s) you want via ASCII codes.By ASCII codes do you mean character entities? If so then these codes are actually completely independent of the document's character set. Unicode is the character encoding that all entities refer to.<!--content-->Yes Jeff, that's what I meant by ASCII codes. ;) But I didn't know that it wasn't specific to the document's charset. Thanks for pointing that out to me... I got that mixed up with fonts. In IE the default font for some computers is Arial, while for other (ealier) computers it is Times New Roman, still in even earlier computers it is MS-Sans Serif.<br />
<br />
Jona<!--content-->&ndash; or &mdash;<!--content-->we have come to the conclusion that there are several special character commands for that one darned symbol. :mad:<!--content-->

Back