Dadamail Discussion List

liunx

Howdy, looking for some direction. <br /><br />I have successfully installed DadaMail on my account and it is working. I now want to take the next step and add the discussion list feature "dada_bridge.pl" to the installation.<br /><br />The steps to do so are taking me into new turf so thought I would check w/ y'all to see if you can provide me w/ any insight as to if certain of these steps are not necessary with my hosting on TCH.<br /><br />You can see the steps by going to: <b>http://mojo.skazat.com/support/documentation/dada_bridge.pl.html</b><br /><br />Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide.<!--content-->
Most of the steps appear to be necessary, but when installing to a TCH server, you have to work around not having shell access as noted below:<br /><br /><b>Requirements:</b><br /><br />MIME-Tools - Instead of checking to see if this is installed from command line (shell), you'll need to log into your CPanel and click on the "Click to View" link next to "Installed Perl Modules" in the left column.<br /><br />This page will show the rather large list of all modules installed on your server. I'd suggest using your browser's "Find" feature and search for "Mime::Tools" in the page. If MIME::Tools is installed, you should find it in the page, and see most (if not all) of these other modules listed near it (which are also a part of the MIME-Tools package):<br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->MIME::Body<br />MIME::Decoder<br />MIME::Decoder::Base64<br />MIME::Decoder::BinHex<br />MIME::Decoder::Binary<br />MIME::Decoder::Gzip64<br />MIME::Decoder::NBit<br />MIME::Decoder::QuotedPrint<br />MIME::Decoder::UU<br />MIME::Entity<br />MIME::Field::ConTraEnc<br />MIME::Field::ContDisp<br />MIME::Field::ContType<br />MIME::Field::paramVal<br />MIME::Head<br />MIME::parser<br />MIME::parser::Filer<br />MIME::parser::Reader<br />MIME::parser::Results<br />MIME::Tools<br />MIME::WordDecoder <br />MIME::Words<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><br />I believe MIME-Tools should already be installed on your server, but if MIME-Tools does not appear to be installed, I'd recommend opening a Help Desk ticket and asking them to install it for you.<br /><br /><b>Installation</b><br /><br />Change the lib path - You won't be able to run the command shown to list the perl library directories on the server. You can run this script instead from your browser (script name should end in '.cgi', and be sure to set its permissions to 0755 before running it):<br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->#!/usr/bin/perl<br /><br />use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);<br /><br />print "Content-Type: text/plain\n\n";<br />print $_ ."\n" foreach @INC;<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><br />If you see the current directory in the path list ("."), do not include it in the paths you add to the plugin script. After running the above script and adding the listed directories to the plugin script, you can delete the above script from the server.<br /><br /><b>Set the cron job</b><br />Use the Cron Jobs icon in your CPanel to set this up, and use the following as the 'Command to run' (with the correct path to the script for your account):<br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->/usr/bin/perl /home/myaccount/cgi-bin/dada/plugins/dada_bridge.pl >/dev/null 2>&1<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><br />All of the other instructions should be followed as they are given.<br /><br />Hope this helps...<!--content-->
Wow, what a great and thorough reply. I'll follow through on this and drop back here and let you know how I do... thank you so very very much for your help.<!--content-->
Hi David ... had TCH Support make sure MIME-Tools was installed. And now have a CGI in place on my site with the code you provided. It returns a 404 error. Please see PM for details.<!--content-->