Custom block not displayed when added to local.xml in Magento

haha

I have a custom block (tabbed product info) which I want to display in the store's product view within the product view block itself. I correctly called the block in my view.phtml and use this code to add the block to my XML:\[code\]<block type="catalog/product_view_tabs" name="product.info.tabs" as="info_tabs" template="catalog/product/view/tabs.phtml" >\[/code\]The block is rendered when put into catalog.xml, but whenever I put it into my local.xml in form of\[code\]<catalog_product_view translate="label"> <label>Catalog Product View (Any)</label> <reference name="content"> <block type="catalog/product_view_tabs" name="product.info.tabs" as="info_tabs" template="catalog/product/view/tabs.phtml" > </reference></catalog_product_view>\[/code\]it does not work. When I add the before or after tag (e.g. after="product.info.media") to the code snippet in local.xml, it is rendered but not within, but always before or after the whole product view block. In catalog.xml, I just placed it at between the other blocks and it worked fine.When I copy the content of the whole product view section from catalog.xml into my local.xml it works, but the all the content (images, description, etc.) is displayed twice.Is there any way to do this via local.xml? Maybe through setchild?

Back