Curl At Tch?

liunx

Hi,<br /><br />I see that command line curl is disabled here.<br /><br />So does that mean that CURL is completely unavailable here?<br /><br />I have a software package that requires CURL (libcurl)..........will that not work here?<br /><br />Many thanks for your help!<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />N~<!--content-->
Hey Nordie,<br /><br />If you have a script such as a shopping cart that needs CURL, you should be fine using it here.<!--content-->
Thank you!<!--content-->
Hi,<br /><br />Follow up question.<br /><br />My script requires a cron job that uses curl.<br /><br />What is the path to curl at TCH?<br /><br />Is it:<br /><br />/usr/bin/curl <br /><br />or <br /><br />/usr/local/bin/curl <br /><br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />N~<!--content-->
/usr/bin/curl<!--content-->
Hi again,<br /><br />Sorry for all the questions...........I'm a newbie at this cron stuff.<br /><br />If I configured a cron job that utilizes CURL to run a php script at set intervals (say every half hour), would that be considered "command-line" usage, and therefore not allowed at TCH?<br /><br />Thanks for the help!<br /><br />N~<!--content-->
That would not work. You could execute a php script at set intervals using cron though.<!--content-->
Basically, CURL is not allowed as part of a cron job, as that IS command line useage.<br /><br />However, CURL can be run as part of a PHP script, and you can set up a cron job to load a PHP script/page every half-hour (or whatever). So you have to add the extra step in of creating a PHP page that executes the CURL command, and then set up your cron to run the PHP.<br /><br />If you need help, this was discussed in a different thread. Search the forums for CURL and see what you come up with. If you still need help, let us know.<!--content-->
Hi,<br /><br />Thanks for the help.......one more question: I'm using the following format for my cron jobs, but it does not appear to be working:<br /><br />/usr/bin/php -s /home/cpanelID/public_html/myprogram.php<br /><br />Should I use the following format instead?<br /><br />/usr/bin/php -s <a href="http://www.mywebsite.com/myprogram.php" target="_blank">http://www.mywebsite.com/myprogram.php</a><br /><br />Thanks again!<br /><br />N~<!--content-->
You should be able to use:<br /><br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->/usr/bin/php -q /home/cpanel-name/public_html/path-to-script.php<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><br /><br />Check your error log file and your default email for your account for any errors the script may be spitting out.<!--content-->
Hello,<br /><br />Our site that uses Curl for the credit card processing is now not working, and the TCH support that i've been in contact with says that it's now being removed from all servers due to security risks.<br /><br />Does anyone know alternatives to curl? We are using Authorize.net.<br /><br />thanks!<!--content-->
I am using OsCommerce cart and now the UPS (XML) Shipping module doesn't function now either. It uses curl to submit & retrieve UPS rates. The checkout_shipping.php page hangs if this module is enabled. I have enabled the stock UPS shipping module for a temporary workaround. UPS XML has worked fine for the last year or so. No code changes.<br />phpinfo() shows curl enabled and version libcurl/7.15.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.1.4.<!--content-->
Please open a ticket with the help desk. The mods do not have access to the servers or your account.<!--content-->

Back