CSS Tables?

is it at all possible to implement CSS for a table-based site, so that I don't have to update each part of the site one page at a time, I looked around but I couldn't find the proper syntax capable of hanling tables on a large scale. Thanks<!--content-->don't quite understand the question, do you want to change to a css layout or apply some css styles to your existing tables?<!--content-->yeah I didn't really expect anyone to get what I was saying 'cuz I figured it's not possible, but I want CSS to work how it does but in a way that it can maintain my table layout also, becasue tables make up the layout for my whole site, the layout is basically one big image square with the content inside of it, I hope you sorta get what I mean<!--content-->CSS is for STYLES......you can change the 'STYLE' of an entire the site from one or more external style sheets, but you can't change the CONTENT of a webpage from a stylesheet? Is that what you were asking?<!--content-->so a table layout with nothing in it would still be considered content? I guess your probably right, I was just wondering if it was possible<!--content-->If you are using tables for layout, then you must change each page individually when you make a change to that layout. CSS can control attributes of the tables, like the borders and so on, but it cannot control the table itself. If you want to use CSS to make sweeping changes to site layouts, you must abandon table-based layouts. The CSS to do this depends on the particular layout you need. My website (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www2.kettering.edu/~good3001/">http://www2.kettering.edu/~good3001/</a><!-- m -->) uses pure CSS for layout and all visual styling, leaving the HTML to do purely content. To change the layout of my site, I just need to change a single CSS file that is linked to in all of the HTML pages.<br />
<br />
If you want to be able to make changes to, say, the navigation links on all of the pages without having to edit each one individually, then your best bet is some type of server-side solution, like server-side includes(SSI) or PHP or something like that.<br />
<br />
A combination of SSI and CSS makes for a site that is very easy to update indeed.<!--content-->

Back