(css) quick oddball ?

liunx

ok, this is weird o_O<br />
<br />
i've been using this code to create a link...<br />
<br />
the goal is to avoid using the href= <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/attribute">http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/attribute</a><!-- m --> while giving the appearance of an ever ready link...<br />
<br />
the prob is that the cursor never goes to a hand ( im in ie6 )<br />
<br />
<br />
<style><br />
.allLinks, a.allLinks, a.allLinks:visited, a.allLinks:hover{ cursor:hand; <br />
font-size:11px; color:#FFFF00; text-decoration:underline; <br />
font-family:Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; }<br />
</style><br />
<br />
<body><br />
<a onclick="alert('yayyyyy');" class="allLinks">Do you see a hand when you mouse over this sentence?</a><br />
</body><br />
<br />
<br />
ok, what am i doing wrong with my css?<br />
<br />
:rolleyes:@myself<!--content-->-_- da_n!<br />
<br />
n/m, the code works just fine... i uploaded the .css file to the wrong folder * unable to dodge egg *<!--content-->*lol* Welcome to the wonderful world of web design, UCM. <br />
<br />
Files in the wrong folder, urls in the wrong case, missing letters from the filenames because I was typing too fast... <br />
<br />
;) Do you suppose it would help if I told you that there's no such thing as a fool-proof item because fools are too ingenious? Or if I quoted Mr. Murphy and said that anything that can go wrong...?<br />
<br />
Thanks for letting us know, though. If nothing else, it's a reminder to check where we've put things before we start tearing our hair out.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->Someone fix the thread stretch please!<!--content-->That any better, Giz?<br />
<br />
UCM, I just noticed something. Your sig is a bit too long. You're allowed 5 lines only.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content--><style><br />
.allLinks, a.allLinks, a.allLinks:visited, a.allLinks:hover{ cursor:hand;<br />
<br />
<br />
does not work in NS/Mozilla browsers.<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
<style><br />
.allLinks, a.allLinks, a.allLinks:visited, a.allLinks:hover{ cursor:hand;<br />
<br />
<br />
does not work in NS/Mozilla browsers. <br />
<br />
<br />
do you mean the comma separated class names or the cursor turning to a hand?<br />
<br />
if it's the hand thing, doesn't a default arrow show up?<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Originally posted by Pegasus <br />
That any better, Giz?<br />
<br />
UCM, I just noticed something. Your sig is a bit too long. You're allowed 5 lines only.<br />
<br />
Peg <br />
<br />
there ya go :D ( that's 5 lines right? )<!--content-->*g* And smilie on the bottom makes 6.<!--content-->cursor: hand<br />
<br />
that doesn't work. yes you will get a arrow but the user will not know if it is a link since it doesn't do anything. looks just like regular text.<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
cursor: hand<br />
<br />
that doesn't work. yes you will get a arrow but the user will not know if it is a link since it doesn't do anything. looks just like regular text. <br />
<br />
=:O ahhh crap! * head drops on desk * you're soooo right, lolol<br />
<br />
allll-righty then, looks like i need to work on link effects next * adds this to pile of notes *<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Originally posted by Pegasus <br />
*g* And smilie on the bottom makes 6. <br />
<br />
lmao! ummmmmmmm... i don't suppose anyone would mind that 6th line used by my smily, would they? that's one of my trade marks...<!--content-->lmao! ummmmmmmm... i don't suppose anyone would mind that 6th line used by my smily, would they? that's one of my trade marks... [/B] <br />
<br />
actually, i like it beside my name :D<!--content-->*lol* Oh, no one would mind, I should think. I was just teasing you about not being able to count. ;)<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->That's funny. The signature is two full lines and a short line (4 words) here, with the smiley on the final (fourth) line.<br />
<br />
1024x768<!--content-->he already changed it before you psoted giz<!--content-->lmao!!! :D<!--content-->

Back