CSS question?

liunx

I have a table that has a CSS class named "itemtable" which is applied to a table. If I wanted to apply some formating for text in the "td"'s of that table would it be correct to make a class called "td.itemtable"?<br />
<br />
I have tried this with no results. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks!<!--content-->that would be fine. if you're having trouble with it, post the code or point us to the URL so we can have a look :)<!--content-->Yeah this is fine as transmothra says :D<!--content-->Yeah, that is fine as DA Master said Transmothra said its fine<br />
<br />
<br />
heh<!--content-->i agree, it's fine. :P<!--content-->CSS:<br />
<br />
td.itemtable { css code; css code;}<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
HTML:<br />
<br />
<td class="itemtable"> text here </td><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
That is what you meant isn't it? That will work.<!--content-->i agree, that will work.<!--content-->Hahaha<br />
<br />
I want to get this straight. If I use the agreed upon theory, it will work?<br />
<br />
:eek: "Wo, dude. That's cool man."<br />
<br />
Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->Originally posted by Thee Gandalf <br />
Hahaha<br />
<br />
I want to get this straight. If I use the agreed upon theory, it will work?<br />
<br />
:eek: "Wo, dude. That's cool man."<br />
<br />
Gandalf<br />
:D no.<br />
<br />
:rofl:<!--content-->Sounds like you want to use the class for more than one type of tag, which is fine. However, I would change the way you write the CSS.<br />
<br />
CSS<br />
<br />
.itemtable { css code; css code;}<br />
<br />
So it doesnt have the TD at the start. This way it is clean to use it like this...<br />
<br />
<table class="itemtable"><br />
<td class="itemtable"><!--content-->:stupid:<br />
<br />
i do that almost exclusively, so i can reuse stuff.<!--content-->I like reusable code too. I didn't want to complicate the example any more in my post.<br />
<br />
Anyway, good point, and probably a good idea that you posted it as an addition to my simple example.<!--content-->

Back