CSS - Option Tag - Qquick Question

liunx

In IE 5.5:<br />
The following code produces desired results:<br />
<br />
<option value="BrightBlueBG" style="background-color:0000FF;">Bright Blue BACKGROUND</option><br />
<option value="BrightRedTEXT" style="color:FF0000;">Bright Red TEXT</option><br />
<br />
<br />
However, the following code does not:<br />
<br />
<br />
<option value="Times New Roman" style="font-family:'Times New Roman';">Times New Roman</option><br />
<br />
<br />
any ideas why i can get colors on each option row in a combobox ( drop box ) to work but not the actual font family?<!--content-->I don't know the exact technical reason why, but it seems you can only define the font-family in the select tag associated with the various options, but you can define different text colors in each option tag.<!--content-->ahhh crap... i was affraid of that :-/<br />
<br />
thanx Kevin<!--content-->why not? works in mozilla 1.5<br />
<br />
<br />
<select><br />
<option value="BrightBlueBG" style="background-color:#0000FF;">Bright Blue BACKGROUND</option><br />
<option value="BrightRedTEXT" style="color:#FF0000;">Bright Red TEXT</option><br />
<option value="Times New Roman" style="size: 10px; font-family:'Times New Roman';">Times New Roman</option><br />
<option value="Times New Roman" style="size: 10px; font-family:'comic sans ms';">comic</option><br />
<br />
</select><!--content-->I didn't check in Mozilla (it does work in Mozilla), but in IE it does not work, at least not in IE6.<!--content-->figures :rolleyes: <br />
I have been finding out that IE6 doesn't even do half of the css2 specs. and they don't plan on updating it, last I heard.<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
figures :rolleyes: <br />
I have been finding out that IE6 doesn't even do half of the css2 specs. and they don't plan on updating it, last I heard. <br />
<br />
:( *sigh* darn it!, everywhere im at only ie is allowed....dat just figures alright :-/<br />
<br />
thanx for the info though<!--content-->

Back