CSS Font Inheritance in Tables

Is there any reason why font styles placed in the BODY tag are inherited by every HTML tag, except tables? I'm having to place the same font tags for <TD> and <TH>.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Brian<!--content-->Tables do funny things with CSS, you often have to repeat yourself.<!--content-->It appears that browsers are not fully supporting either CSS2, or it's a CSS bug. Most folks I've talked to do the usual web development thing (figure out the work around and don't ask why).<br />
<br />
We've had to add tags to TD, TH, & LI.<br />
<br />
thx<br />
B<!--content-->theoretically you should place font styles in every tag you use. usually this is done in an external style sheet.<br />
<br />
but I don't think I have ever experienced that problem.<!--content-->Placing font style within each tag in an external style sheet is not a huge problem, it's just that I actually wanted to take advantage of inheritance, so I would not have to change a font in multiple places (even though those multiple places are within just one .css).<br />
<br />
We'll live though!<br />
<br />
thx all.<!--content-->that is true but as I have stated I haven't had that problem. my body fonts carry over to the tables as well.<!--content-->I am with scoutt on this one, i just state which font the once and it continues over for the rest of the page.<!--content-->

Back