CSS Font-face doesn't work on IE8, but works on IE9

I have one font working fine in both IE8 and IE9 and all other browsers, but the second one only works in IE9 and the other browsers. In IE8, I get the error:"CSS3111: @font-face encountered unknown error." I have been reading around and tried a number of things with no luck.My code is:\[code\]<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"><head><title>Test Site</title><meta charset="utf-8" /><style type="text/css"> @font-face { font-family: "Cake"; src: url('cake.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */ src: url('cake.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), /* IE6-IE8 */ url('cake.woff') format('woff'), /* Modern Browsers */ url('cake.ttf') format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */ url('cake.svg#svgCake') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */ } p { font-family: "Cake"; }</style></head><body> <p>Testing font</p></body></html>\[/code\]I have tried regenerating the eot with a few different generators and multiple times, playing around with the CSS, playing with headers, playing with domains, etc, but it appears that they are all fine. As mentioned, the same code on the same, just pointing to different font files work fine. For some reason this one file doesn't want to work. I looked at the ttfpatch program, but it tells me that the tableversion of the font is 3, which is the same as the other working font. These fonts were modified by a program called Type Light 3.2 to add a few French characters, but as mentioned works on all other browsers.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.EDIT:One thing I realized is that the EOT file is not being read by IE9, it is giving the same error, just using the WOFF file. You can download the original font at http://www.searchfreefonts.com/free/cake.htm. Can anyone get that working in IE8?EDIT 2:Looking in the developer tools, the eot fonts appear to be downloading and are the correct type. I get a 304 response code back.