CSS and image map

liunx

I am using a style sheet to set a fixed background image but want to have an <area> link to two 'hot' spots on it. <br />
<br />
Any thoughts? I'd prefer not have to load & fix the image in the page itself because I will be using the same setup for more than one page in the evolution of the site. And from what I've read the image map option only works when the image is loaded from the document itself.<!--content-->image map can only be used on an image being shown upon the page. it cannot be used on a background image.<!--content-->you could try having a transparent gif on which you have your map? just a thought! :)<!--content-->I thought about the transparent image thing as well but the problem being is that it too will scroll with the text cell. <br />
<br />
You can see the blank page here:<br />
<br />
www3.sympatico.ca/lisa_hunt/index.htm<br />
<br />
and the page with text here:<br />
<br />
www3.sympatico.ca/lisa_hunt/page.htm<br />
<br />
The only other thought I had was to make a 3 column table - column 2 has text, column 1 & 3 have transparent gifs that hyperlink. But the problem I thought of with that is how do I make them 'grow' according to the length of the text cell - ie will they 'scroll' up and out of sight. Then again maybe I am wrong.... what would a height="100%" do - would that cause the hyperlink gif to stretch to whatever height the text cell is?<!--content-->

Back