Creating a RESTful application in Zend

badidou

I have a controller that extends Zend_Controller_Action. It contains some actions that I need to give people access to via a RESTful MVC web service.I've seen some articles that have told me to extend using a different class (Zend_Rest_Controller) but this seems to mean I need to override certain abstract methods and really I no use for most of them (I have my own functions that are quite specific!).I've seen some code that I've meant to copy into my bootstrap.php and makes use of the FrontController. However, everything I've seen is awfully documented. Can anybody give me an example that will just work for a controller called, say 'catalog' that contains two actions 'getRoot' and 'checkLatest'? (It should be simple yet I can't get anything to work and have a deadline tomorrow!)Or else, perhaps point me in the right direction... (I've no idea how to troubleshoot this and see, for example, what URL I should be using to test or where the route I have setup is directing this... I've been looking at this, btw: http://techchorus.net/create-restful-applications-using-zend-framework)Thanks a lot! :)

Back