creating a boarder of specific lines in a table

liunx

Hi all, this is my first post so please go gental with me :D <br />
<br />
Ok i have a form, i used a table so that i can layout the form in a nice way, but i wanted to put a boarder around the form bits (it looks weird with a floating form). I could past the code here but im not sure if i am allowed to do that.<br />
<br />
border="0"<br />
<br />
If i change that the whole table has a greater boarder, is there anyway of specifing the weight of lines in the table? If i havent clarified this properly take a look at:<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lgu.ac.uk/~cghe11/finalsite/help.html">http://www.lgu.ac.uk/~cghe11/finalsite/help.html</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
none of them are functional as i am still working on the cosmetics, the first one is with boarder set to 1, the second is boarder set to 0, as you see i have added extra rows and colums but i was thinking of adding more and somehow selecting the specific rows and colums to add weight giving a box around the form. <br />
<br />
Any ideas<br />
<br />
ceanth<!--content-->Originally posted by ceanth <br />
I could past the code here but im not sure if i am allowed to do that.<br />
<br />
Yes you may post your code if you like; however when the code is long it is preferred that you posted a link to it. Thanks for being considerate! :)<br />
<br />
About your question, you should try the following CSS code (in your HEAD tag):<br />
<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
tr, td {border:solid 1px #000000;}<br />
--><br />
</style><br />
<br />
<br />
Jona<!--content-->how could i use this to specify the lines i wish to weight?<!--content-->You could use a class attribute. For example, call it weightedCell:<br />
<br />
<br />
<!--This goes in the HEAD tag--><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
td.weightedCell, tr.weightedCell, th.weightedCell {border:solid 1px #000000;}<br />
--><br />
</style><br />
<br />
<br />
And in any of the cells you'd like to be "weighted" add the bold part below to it:<br />
<br />
<br />
<td class="weightedCell"></td><br />
<!--You can use TD, TR or THs--><br />
<br />
<br />
Jona<!--content-->

Back