Create an array of function arguments not equal to NULL?

Nonickname

I'll start with explaining what my end goal is as there may be better solutions to it.I have a function called \[code\]updateUser\[/code\] which accepts the following parameters:\[code\]function updateUser($password = NULL, $name = NULL, $lastname = NULL, $age = NULL, $email = NULL, $relation = NULL)\[/code\]As you can see I've set them to NULL, so if they aren't passed through the function they become blank. Right? (I hope I got that right)The problem is that each of those arguments (which are passed) contains info for a user that's going to be sent in to a database, and I only want to include the passed variables in the query as I don't want to set the ones that are not passed to (blank) in the database.And so I came up with the idea to take all the passed arguments and shove them into an array. And then loop through every item in the array and generate a string like:\[code\]$string = "$password, $email";\[/code\]So, any suggestions? As I said, I don't have to use this method if there is another better way to fix this issue.Thanks in advandce!

Back