Coventry City 1-1 Portsmouth Coventry City 1-1 Portsmouth

Late goals are so frustrating. To dominate the first half we should of killed the game off. Second half we rode our luck and it wasnt a surprised as in the 93 minute Portsmouth equalised. After 2 great away wins scoring 8 goals in total Harmon Killebrew Jersey I was optimistic of a win against a Pompey side who are manager le s.On to the football side of things, bo s Mark Robins kept a unchanged side from the midweek away win at Colchester. On a day where 11,295 (817 away fans) who were in good voice had to witne s none stop rain all day. Coventry pretty much dominated the half with Richard Wood heading into the wrong side of the net from Gary McSheffreys corner. Top goal scorer David McGoldrick went close next as he turned the defender inside the box and his shot was parried away by debutant Alex Cisak who I thought was Pompeys best player. The keeper was in the thick of it as McSheffrey cro s come shot and McGoldrick both went close for the skyblues. The following corner came a goal mouth scramble but it was impeded for a foul I think. The game went very quiet until half way through the first half as Pompey came to life with Izale McLeod firing just wide. Just before half time Coventrys bombardment of Cisak goal paid off as on loan midfielder James Bailey played through McSheffrey who slotted past Cisak in the Portsmouth goal to score his first goal of the season and two footing the corner flag in a humorous celebration.The second half started and we did what I never wanted to, we didnt capitalise on the 1-0 lead. Portsmouth came out on the attack with Nathaniel Mendez-Laing coming on for Scott Allen at half time, the away side started well with an early corner after some good pre sure. Coventry however broke with McGoldrick shot Rod Carew Jersey bringing out an excellent save from Cisak who sent it for a corner. From the corner it was flicked on by Richard Wood I think which landed at the far post with William Edjenguele volley bravely headed over by a defender. The action wasnt over for Frenchmen Edjenguele as his header was cleared off the line, not sure it went in but I looked like a fool already jumping in the air to celebrate! Pompey then recovered to add some pre sure on Joe Murphys goal with Paul Benson just heading wide. Franck Mou sa and Gary McSheffrey both had wasteful opportunities with Mou sa blazing over from 20 yards and McSheffrey tempted volley was too easy for Cisak, shame as him and McGoldrick shown a neat one two pa sing in the build-up. Coventry pre sed for a second as Mou sa pull Minnesota Twins Custom Jersey back came to Steven Jennings who hit a thunderous long range effort but it was well saved by Cisak. Portsmouth tried to get an edge on the game with Jake Jervis and Adam Webster coming on for Paul Benson and Mustapha Dumbuya. The next few minutes baffled me and the incident was probably the strangest thing Ive seen this season. It started with Coventry playing it around the back which Brian Dozier Jersey was intercepted by the away side who broke, the ball was cleared up with the both side not knowing what to do, the ball was pa sed back by Edjenguele with Murphy for some reason picking the ball up. The referee ordered a in direct free kick which took over 2/3 minutes to take with it being retaken due to Murphy going before the whistle I a sume. The second attempt was blocked and it went for a corner, the stoppage cost us the game in my eye. Coming up to the closing 20 minutes of the game Portsmouth Daryl Ru sell let off a dipping long range shot which send Murphy pushing it away from his goal. Coventry left it late to bring on their only substitute with Adam Barton coming on for Gary McSheffrey who left the field with a standing ovation, never said that lately. It was Barton who set up the next chance for City as his effort to win the ball back gave Carl Baker the chance to float the ball into McGoldrick but the height just evaded the header that was following up. Coventry thought they were 2-0 up when Captain Baker shot rattled off the post and McGoldrick was there to tap in the rebound but it was judged to be offside. Not sure about the decision but manager Mark Robins said he was onside so Im not sure. The puzzled free kick inside the box would come back to haunt the home side as the 4th official shown 5 minutes added time. The away side got the equaliser Justin Morneau Jersey on 93 minutes as substitute Webster cro s avoided every City player only to land to McLeod who poked the ball pa sed Murphy to send the travelling fans livid. That was it, gutted we couldnt hold on to the lead. We really need to sort our home form out, fair play to Pompey though they deserve a point. On to the FA cup game against Morecambe PUSB!