Could not load type '...' error on deployment

liunx

Hi

I have uploaded my site to the development server and I get the error shown below. The site works fine on my local machine, but this is what I get when it is uploaded the the dev server...

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'fastmy.search'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="search.aspx.vb" Inherits="fastmy.search" enableviewstate="true" smartnavigation="true" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="FASTMY" TagName="header" Src=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"../common/header.ascx" %>
Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="FASTMY" TagName="footer" Src=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"../common/footer.ascx" %>

Source File: D:\Websites\fastmy\forms\search.aspx Line: 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone help with this please?

Many thanks.

AJNDid you ever figure this out Ajn?

What the error is saying is that it cannot find the class Search in the Fastmy namespace. Seeing as is worked on you local machine and not on the Dev server then I'll rule out the possibility that you did not have a class "Search" in your project. What has likely happened is that you moved all your files to the dev server and one of two things happened.

1 your application path does not have the corresponding /bin directory which should have your project's dynamic link library (DLL) in it.

2 you did move over the bin directory and the DLL, however the root directory of your application is just a standard directory in IIS and has not been specified as an application root.

Hope that helps.

Back