Costomized Scrool Bars

liunx

take this web site for example, look over there ----><br />
see that, costom scrool bars. how do you do that?<!--content-->It is done with CSS, Cascading Style Sheets.<br />
If you are going to learn some real cool design tricks then you should learn some.<br />
<br />
Here is a good place to start:<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/authoring/stylesheets/">http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/aut ... ylesheets/</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
For the scroll bar you need to add the following inside the <head> section:<br />
<br />
<head><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
BODY<br />
{<br />
scrollbar-face-color: #000000;<br />
scrollbar-highlight-color: #000000;<br />
scrollbar-shadow-color: #000000;<br />
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #000000;<br />
scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000;<br />
scrollbar-track-color: #000000;<br />
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000000;<br />
}<br />
</style><br />
</head><br />
<br />
Remember to change the colour codes to the ones of your choice. Oh it only works in MS browsers as well, ie, internet explorer.<!--content-->beat me to it :)<!--content-->Might I suggest learning to spell so you could try out search engines? You'll get info a lot faster.<!--content-->sapphirekennelc, although help is usually appreciated in all the forums, I see no reason to post after a suitable answer has been found. <br />
<br />
And I don't want to take your post in the wrong way, but it seems as an insult when I read it. People make honest mistakes--even I spelt business as "buisness" for years before I realized I was wrong. :P<!--content-->Actually, Google does have a spell checker which suggest an alternative for spelling errors. I use it all the time just to make sure that I'm spelling a word right. :)<!--content-->I was simply trying to point out that entimp did a wonderful job in solving this problem already, so addition vague solutions aren't needed.<br />
<br />
Besides, Google doesn't have half the English language down, nor does it have much of the other languages (from what I've seen). It's not always a big help, but still a good suggestion.<!--content-->You could be considered just as rude, Juparis. Next time, let a moderator know that there's a problem. Don't try to start wars by correcting someone else's remarks.<br />
<br />
Thank you.<br />
<br />
Pegasus<br />
Moderator<!--content-->Yea, I thought I was pushing it a bit there. :D Still, it's been annoying me more and more over the past few days--don't know why, but I guess I thought for a brief moment that I could make an impact. <br />
<br />
Anyway, I apologize and shall cut back on my activity. Hopefully that'll stop some of the ruckus around my name, eh? Anyway, 'ave a good day--I shall return when I feel it is safe to do so. :P<br />
<br />
In the words of the anonymous brewer: From the hate that they gave come the wishes of evil. The wretched grip on my soul shall be released, but the entrapment of death is upon me. If their wish be my demise, then I can do nothing but oblige. So I bid thee farewell, but I sense fate's trickory shall have us meet again. Unlike the brewer I know this isn't the true feelings of you all (at least I hope not). I simply felt like posting it since I found the magnificent quote in a story we went through in class.<!--content-->It is a neat quote, Juparis. I'm not sure I recognize the source, though. What book is it from?<br />
<br />
<blush> If it makes you feel any better, constant misspellings and chatroom shorthand tends to drive me nuts, too. I can understand most of it, but it's hard to solve problems when you're not sure what the person is talking about. I don't mean anyone in specific, you understand. It's just a generalization.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->true that, the world we live in consists of a variety of people some who can't even speak english properly because its just a cultural thing, they weren't brought up that way, i could speak spanish on here and im sure it would prolly aggrivate some peeps because they couldn't understand me but hey we aren't all perfect, we all make mistakes ;)<!--content-->lol - it was just a suggestion! I can find thing so much quicker on Google than by waiting for someone to answer my question in a forum. After all, I'm 13 and I can spell most words! :D <br />
<br />
*-*-*-*-*-*-*<br />
<br />
Ya'll would have never guessed, right?<br />
<br />
ttfn<!--content-->Rotfl -- *things<!--content-->

Back