copying html from view source

windows

When I copy the html from "view page source" why does it copy the html code into normal, html and preview in FrontPage? What am I doing wrong? <br />
What I do is:<br />
1. Highlight the entire code on the page<br />
2. Go to Edit, Copy<br />
3. Go to FrontPage and paste in the html page<br />
Why does it not do it? Supposedly, if you see the source info you should be able to copy and have it do the same thing, right? <br />
HELP!!!<!--content-->As I pointed out in one of the other posts,unless you figure out the configuration for the utility u r using,a work around is to copy and paste the html code first in notepaf and then from node pad to your FrontPage editor<br />
<br />
clumsy but works..<!--content-->FrontPage thinks that you are pasting code that you don't want in your page; therefore, it turns all <'s to >'s, etc.<br />
<br />
Using khalidali's workaround is the best method, and there may be an option in FrontPage's configuration that changes this.<br />
<br />
But as a faithful user of Notepad, I can't help you with that. :p<!--content-->This doesn't have to be your problem, but sometimes if after you select and copy, and don't de-select it, you may not be able to paste it in another editor.<br />
On the other hand FrontPage might convert some of the code to a format it knows best. Especially if it wasn't done there in the first place. NotePad or another editor probably is better. I use Arachnophilia, It is "careware".<br />
<br />
Try opening it up in FrontPage instead. Then view the code to do whatever you want with it.<!--content-->