Copying file uploaded vai PHP's HTTP Get in PHP 4

dr.owl

I have been working on adding functionality to a site originally written in PHP 4.4.9. It's not in their budget to port the site to PHP5, so don't even suggest it. (Although it needs it badly). The problem I am facing is how to copy binary data from a GET request to a file location on the server. The code that is currently written to support this method is as follows:\[code\]function save($path) { $input = fopen("php://input", "r"); $temp = tmpfile(); $realSize = stream_copy_to_stream($input, $temp); fclose($input); if ($realSize != $this->getSize()){ return false; } $target = fopen($path, "w"); fseek($temp, 0, SEEK_SET); stream_copy_to_stream($temp, $target); fclose($target);}\[/code\]The problem that I am having with this is the funciton \[code\]stream_copy_to_stream\[/code\] is only supported in PHP 5. Here is what I have so far, but it seems to only create files that are 8K in size and I'm not sure why. It should, in theory, allow for up to 20M.\[code\]function save($path) { $input = fopen("php://input", "rb"); $temp = tmpfile(); fwrite($temp, fread($input, 20971520)); fclose($input); $target = fopen($path, "w"); fseek($temp, 0, SEEK_SET); #stream_copy_to_stream($temp, $target); fwrite($target, fread($temp, 20971520)); fclose($target); echo $path; return true;}\[/code\]I removed the size check because I couldn't figure a way to get the filesize when reading. Any help is greatly appreciated on this. I have been racking my brain for literally hours and I know there is someone out there, most likely on stackoverflow, that can answer my question probably very easily. Thanks for all the help in advance!Also, I am submitting data via GET to to allow multiple file uploads with progress bars, etc.

Back