Convert From MyBB to Vbulletin

vbteam_89

Hello,

i am trying to convert my existing MyBB forum to VB using impex
tried for like 5 hours now.. no luck at all.

its says done successful but i cant see the theads/posts - still looks like fresh install

All i need is

1) Users With their Passwords if possible
2)Categories/forums
2) Posts/Threads

i need someone who can do this

PM me quickly

RecklezzWarez

same thing happened to me...never got it to work...hopefully someone here can give us some insight on this problem? I already posted another thread about this, never got any support...=\

The Winner

I need to do the same thing, but I've not already started! Hope I'll do it correctly without problems!
EDIT : It's not working, I had the same problems as you, guys!

arcken

have you done the AFTER AN IMPORT thing?
and i think the user password will be reset.. Ive done this before with luck..
----

After an Import
Warning:
An import will only ever get a certain amount of information from a source board into vBulletin.
Permissions

Always check the permissions of moderators and forums after an import as there may not be a one to one mapping from the source boards permissions to vBulletin's permissions system.

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Forum cache

To rebuild the forum cache so your imported forums appear, go to your forum manager and save the display.

Counters

Update the Threads and Forums counters after an import to reflect the true values for each forum and thread.

Maintenance > Update Counters > Rebuild Thread Information
Maintenance > Update Counters > Rebuild Forum Information

Default forum

If you are importing into a fresh install of vBulletin, you may want to delete the default forum, it is advised that you do this before the import, if you are doing it after the import make sure that the imported forums and threads are not contained with in the default forum as they will be removed also.

User groups

Most importers will import the usergroups or create a default import usergroup, this is so you can check the users being imported and manage them accordingly, to move users to the default Registered Users group in vBulletin, delete the import group they are in and all the users will be moved to the Registered Users group by default.

Even with a vBulletin to vBulletin import the groups are created again, this is so you can manage the new users accordingly, in some cases you will need to keep the new users separate depending on the nature of your community to manage them.

Be sure to double-check the main Usergroup permissions to make sure they match what you want:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

Search index

You will need to rebuild the search index if you want to be able to search on the imported posts.

Maintenance > Update Counters > Rebuild Search Index

Remove the ImpEx files

Once you have finished and completed an import and your site is up and running, delete all the ImpEx files, this will ensure that if you do another import in the future you will get the latest version, as you will have to download ImpEx again.

Secondly, its good house keeping to remove an application that has your database config details and direct access to your site from your server once you have finished using it.

reeps

update all in Maintenance > Update Counters and you will see your forums...if you need any help pm me