Control Break, before group/after groups sub-total logic in

wxdqz

Hi ALLI need some feed back on creating control break, sub-total logic for reportswith MS XSL implementation that ships with ie5 vs the newer preview release.& w3c xsltAssume standard ado xml stream, that is ordered in a sequence suitable forcontrol break logic<xml xmlns:s='uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882'xmlns:dt='uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882'xmlns:rs='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset'xmlns:z='#RowsetSchema'><s:Schema id='RowsetSchema'><s:ElementType name='row' content='eltOnly' rs:updatable='true'><s:AttributeType name='XXX' ..... />....</s:ElementType></s:Schema><rs:data><z:row fld1=xxx ...'/>...</rs:data></xml>& the a partial XSL fragment<xsl:template match="xml/rs:data"><xsl:for-each select='z:row'><-- Need a before group break on a given z:row attribute to output of a<tr><xsl:for-each select='@*'></xsl:for-each><-- Need an after group break on a given z:row attribute to putput asub-total</xsl:for-each></xsl:template>Assume only IE5, how do you check for the control breaks, so far the onlyway I seem to handlethis is to escape to script ike<xsl:for-each select='z:row'><xsl:if expr="bfGrp (1, me)"><tr> <td colspan='6'><xsl:value-of select="@XXX" /></td></tr></xsl:if>.......where bfGrp looks likeFunction bfGrp(ID, ByVal oNode)bfGrp = falseselect case IDcase 1if childnumber(me) > 1 thenif oNode.getAttribute("XXX") <>oNode.previousSibling.getAttribute("XXX") thenbfGrp = trueend ifend ifelsebfGrp = trueend ifend selectEnd FunctionI assume that when you escape to eval script you get a big performance hitwith large xml doc.I know for the newer parsers you have access to following-sibling,preceding-sibling fromthe current context in a for-each iteration.Does any one know with the installed base of ie5 how to just use native xslsyntax to looknext/previous node using the m$ xml ado stream

Back