Continuous sound play

liunx

My students are wanting to add music to their web pages using HTML. Several of them want more than one song to play one after the other automatically. Is this possible?<br />
<br />
We know how to add one song and make it loop. We know how to add a player and we know how to add it as a link. We are wanting to play one song and then another song and another automatically.<br />
<br />
Thank you for any help you can give.<!--content-->I know of a way. You need some sort of timing system. A few methods of JS ( or some other scripting). I've seen this done using parralel arrays ( 2 arrays that are used side-by-side, whose indecies match up with the other array)<br />
1 array would be used for storing the songs (paths, of'course) and the other would store song lengths. When a song is selected, a timer is started. When the timer reaches the value of the length of the song, JS would set <BGSOUND> to play another song.<br />
<br />
I dont recommend background sounds, though, for 2 reasons: Background sounds typically annoy people (including myself), and the methods used to employ the sounds often only work in M$ IE (element BGSOUND is M$ proprietary).<!--content-->

Back