Console apps execution in serial

HCDXX

I would like to chain 'n' number of executables, with the output of the 'n-1'th exe being passed as the input of 'n'th exe. I plan to use XML file to configure the executable position, path, i/p, o/p etc.My question is how to link 'n-1' to 'n' when there are multiple outputs and multiple inputs(command line params).I've some ideas about it, but would like to see what others think, maybe I'll come to know about an efficient/quick way to do this. A design pattern for flexible xml configs would help.pseudo XML structure that I would be using\[code\]<executables> <entity position="1" exePath="c:\something1.exe"> <op><name="a" value=""></op> </entity> <entity position="2" exePath="c:\something2.exe"> <ip><name="a"></ip> <op><name="b" value=""></op> </entity> <entity position="3" exePath="c:\something3.exe"> <ip><name="b"</ip> </entity></executables>\[/code\]I would have knowledge about the i/p and o/p before I configure these. The context is I might or might not include certain nodes in some of the types of chaining I'll use, effectively making a flexible serial exe execution path.

Back