connecting form info with attachments

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I use an automatic mail processor (Mailloop) locally on my computer which processes the forms I receive from my web site. One of the forms on my site is a resume submission form which uses TFmail.cgi which allows the user to upload their resume as an attachment to the email sent to the recipient (Me). <br />
<br />
The problem is that during the processing on the server by TFmail.cgi the name of the attachment is changed to "resume # 102" (or some such number). When the forms are processed locally the resumes are saved to a folder on my computer and the form info is appended to a text file, the email addresses and all form field info is appended to a delimited database locally.<br />
<br />
On the recipient email itself the original name of the attached resume appears in the path to the users resume on their computer but when the attached resume is saved to my hard drive it is saved with the name of "resume # 102" which TFmail.cgi has given it when it was processed on my server.<br />
<br />
Aside from opening the resume and finding out who it is from there is no way to connect the resume attachment to the original email address and info for that person as it is stored in the database.<br />
<br />
Just so you know I have also written to the NMS mail list which is used for discussion of TFmail.cgi but I have not heard a viable solution (or any solution) from that list in three days. So I am asking you for your help. <br />
<br />
My question is: Can TFmail.cgi be configured to keep the original name of the attachment when it is saved to the folder on my hard drive so that it matches the original name? Or can it be configured in some way to give each form submission a number which matches the number of the attachment? Or can I configure the form itself to somehow give each attachment a number as well as giving the form info the same number which is included in the recipient email. Or any other suggestions?<br />
<br />
Robert<!--content-->I am not sure in perl but in php you can get the name of the file and when you save to the db you can put the name of the file in with the username or email of that user.<!--content-->

Back