connect ot MySQL from PHP problem

hotbananaoli

Trying to install roundcube webmail - had some issues related to driver configuration - I'm now pretty certain the driver is configured ok now - i'm getting an error form it :\[code\]"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."\[/code\]Now, this is from the following file:\[code\]<?php// hostname or ip of server (for local testing, localhost should work)$dbServer='localhost';// username and password to log onto db server$dbUser='*****';$dbPass='*****';// name of database$dbName='roundcubemail'; $link = mysql_connect("$dbServer", "$dbUser", "$dbPass")or die(mysql_error()); print "Connected successfully<br>"; mysql_select_db("$dbName") or die("Could not select database"); print "Database selected successfully<br>";// close connectionmysql_close($link);?>\[/code\]where the username and pass are good. In fact - i can use the same credentials to connect to the db instance through Toad.In MSSQL you may need to tell the server to allow connections from remote machines and all that - but surely connecting through php is the same as connecting through Toad? I've tried setting 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost in case it's a case of connecting through the server name. Still no joy.Is there anything else I may need to config to get this working?

Back